Where ever there is large amounts of money about you are going to find some bad apples. This includes Real Estate. The players are many and include real estate agents, lenders, escrow officers, buyers, sellers, and loan modification people (what ever they are).
Ultimately it is about the character of the people you deal with as individuals, but one way to bring the odds in your favor is to use a Realtor. Not every real estate agent is a Realtor. Real Estate license are regulated by the state. Realtors are members of National, State and Local Associations dedicated to the profession.
Here are Six Reasons you should make sure your Real Estate Agent is a Realtor:
- Realtors for the most part are in it for the long run. Why pay dues and take mandatory ethics training if I don’t plan on being around?
- Realtors receive lots of mandatory training and a number of other optional courses. Once of the biggest benefits of being a Realtor is the discounts I get on training courses. There are a number of free training courses offered too.
- I am allowed to associate with some of the finest business people I have ever met. Many provide me with advice and direction. Are there sometimes spirited debates on issues? You bet, that helps to make us better.
- Realtors have a code of ethics. If you have a problem with your Realtor you may file a complaint.
- Being a Realtor give me access to a benefits package (which I have to pay for). So why should this matter to the consumer? Giving us access to benefits helps us to work at our profession full time and helps us be better professionals.
- A good Realtor can help you spot the other bad apples.
Is your real estate agent a Realtor? If not, why not?
I'm sure there are other great reasons and I'm open to hearing them.
Each home is unique and if you want an evaluation of your home please let me know.
If you are interested in Buying a Home or Selling a Home in Brentwood or anywhere in East Contra Costa County, Antioch, Oakley, Discovery Bay, Pittsburg and others please contact me. I specialize in helping buyers of Bank Owned Homes. For regular updates please subscribe to this blog.